The Michigan Economic Development Corporation has partnered with The Right Place and The Michigan Outdoor Recreation Industry Office on an initiative to provide growth opportunities to outdoor recreation small businesses looking for support to start or scale operations. This regional event is for businesses geographically located in Mason, Lake, Oceana, or Newaygo Counties.
Selected applicants will be invited to a virtual pitch competition on Oct. 27, with awardees receiving customized support services* including:
- Reputation management
- GEO Targeted Marketing
- Photography and Video
Businesses interested in participating must complete an application between Sept. 1 – Sept. 30.
APPLY NOW - https://www.connect.space/west...
Participating businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Businesses must be located in Mason, Lake, Oceana or Newaygo County. Scoring preference may be given to those in geographically disadvantaged areas.
- Businesses must have under $750,000 in annual revenue
- Businesses must have 10 employees or less
- Businesses must meet applicable industry laws and standards
- Sept. 1: Online pitch application opens
- Sept. 30: Online pitch application closes
- Oct. 7: Selected applicants invited to participate in Virtual Pitch Competition
- Oct. 11: Pitch preparation session for invited participants
- Oct. 27: Virtual Pitch Competition
Final awarded businesses announced at event culmination.
*Selected awardees may not receive all selected support services. Services packaged based on awardee’s unique needs.
Please refer to the Process & Selection Terms & Conditions
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.